Tuesday, October 17, 2006

 

Sometimes you have to retreat

I've learned that sometimes retreat is the only option. For writers, it's sometimes the best option. My children's writers group meets twice yearly, always in different locations, alternating between north and south, usually. This time we're meeting in Gravelbourg, SK, at a little bed and breakfast, and I took the option only available to the retired or self-employed of the group, and am staying a little extra for some writing time. It makes me feel indulgent, but in a good way. I haven't been indulging that part of me for a while, and I miss it. The way you might miss an arm.

So, from Thursday until next Monday, I'll be living it up at the Heritage Place B&B with the rest of the Round Robins.

Comments:
Sounds wonderful! I didn't know that place existed. Have you been there before?
 
No, I haven't been there before - I don't think I've even been to Gravelbourg before. We've been to a few neat bed and breakfasts, though. I will let you know how it is.
 
That sounds absolutely neato! Lately I feel very song-like. So, here is what I felt like singing when I read your post:

You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch.
You really are a heel.
You're as cuddly as a cactus,
You're as charming as an eel.
Mr. Grinch.

It's random; I don't think you are the Grinch.
 
Oh, have a great time! And write, write, write! I'm a little green with envy.
 
It really was a wonderful weekend.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?