Thursday, August 14, 2008

 

Jury Duty

I've been excused from Jury Duty.

I'm actually kind of sad about that in some way. I mean, I think it would be fascinating to be on a jury, to be part of the system. (Or possibly I've just seen way too much Law and Order.) I even considered if there was any way I could manage being on a jury and work/classes too, but since I'm pretty much it for Sage Hill's employee roster at the moment, it didn't seem like a wise idea.

Still ... it would've been interesting. I actually wanted to be a lawyer at one point in my life. Went to the Terry Fox Youth Centre in Ottawa for a one week "Experience" when I was in Grade 11. The focus was The Law, and we got to go see the Supreme Court, go to Parliament, have speakers, etc. It was really great, but I think at the time I probably only saw law school as having two options - boring contracts or morally-challenging criminal law. I couldn't see myself as a courtroom lawyer, and I thought the other stuff was all too dull. Funny how things change ... now I think I'd enjoy doing work in Intellectual Property law, but honestly, Trent would strangle me if I told him I want to go to law school. *g* I think I'll stick with the MFA and this writing gig for now.

(Note my new committment to posting ... whether anyone's reading or not, well, that's another matter entirely.)

Comments:
You would make an awesome lawyer! But you can't. That's all there is to it. We want you at that writing gig.

Two posts in two days! Excuse me while I fall on my head.
 
Yeah, I know ... posting again. It's a minor miracle. But I'm making an effort to connect with the wider world. Next post ... Olympic mascots: more agressive than usual? *g*
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?